Selected speaking examples
One of our most popular leadership workshop formats is the interactive En-ROADS climate action simulation led by Alice Schmidt, an MIT-certified climate ambassador. Participants co-create a global solution to the climate crisis and gain unique insights into how stakeholder preferences impact climate action and sustainable transformation, before delving into implications for organisational strategy development.
- '1001 reasons why the sustainability puzzle is a unique opportunity'; Waste Water podcast. LISTEN
- 'The Sustainability Puzzle: Systems Thinking, Circularity, and the End of Civilisation?'; The Green Urbanist podcast. LISTEN.
- 'Solving the Sustainability Puzzle'; Business in Oxford book launch. WATCH.
- 'Wie können wir den Klimawandel stoppen?'; Interview with Dominik Frey on WHAT MATTERS. WATCH.
- 'Sustainable Supply Chains: An essential part of The Sustainability Puzzle'; WATCH
- 'Sustainability in a post-Covid world: how to future-proof your brand?'; BrandsTalk podcast series. LISTEN
- 'Green economy: From global to local.' #EUvsVirus Hackathon & Matchathon Summit; WATCH panel discussion here.
- 'Climate change, health and the services offered by Planet Earth: how climate action can pay for itself'; Creating the Future Together podcast. LISTEN
- 'Protecting the Environment = Protecting your Health' - what a forest city may look like'; Green Party community information event.
- 'COVID-19 als Chance for eine bessere Welt'; Keynote speech at Fundraising Congress Austria; WATCH
- 'Sustainable Business in a post-COVID World: Let's not Waste this Crisis'; Business in Oxford Conference 2020; WATCH
- 'The Planet Calls' podcast on surviving and thriving in a COVID-world. LISTEN
- 'Let's not waste the COVID-19 crisis: opportunities for climate action'; Optimist Café International
- Several sessions: 'Getting to below 2 Degrees: Climate Policy and System Dynamics to Avoid the Worst Impacts of Climate Change'; WU Vienna, Hera General Assembly, Optimist Café
- ‘Multisectoral Approaches for Human Development’; EU DEVCO Global Health Thematic Seminar, Brussels
- 'Sustainable Development and Stakeholder Engagement in Africa'; Guest lecture at Vienna University of Economics and Business
- ‘Urbanisation, health and the urban poor’; EU DEVCO Global Health Thematic Seminar, Brussels
- Happiness & Wellbeing in a Global Health and Development Context; Women's Forum, Soroptimist International, Austria
We use a variety of training and facilitation formats, from design dashes to simulation games, from world cafés to visioning exercises. We tailor all inputs - whether through keynotes or participatory workshop facilitation - to our clients' and their audiences' needs.
Podcasts & live talks
Selected university teaching
Since 2021: 'Business & Society'; 'Systems Thinking for Sustainable Development'
Executive Master on Sustainability, Entrepreneurship & Technology. Executive Academy, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Since 2017: 'Mensch, Umwelt, Wirtschaft - Wie passt das zusammen?'
University lectures on the reconciliation of human, environmental and economic needs for 7 to 13 year olds. Vienna Children's University (Kinderuni Wien)
Since 2012: 'Sustainable Business - Managing for Tomorrow’;
Several full courses per year for international BA and MBA students. Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Alice's course ‘Sustainable Business: Managing for Tomorrow’ has consistently received the highest ratings by students since 2012. The course focuses on equipping business students and managers to deal with current and future challenges in the social, environmental and economic spheres, such as climate change, population growth, rapid urban development and global inequity.
Speaking & training topics
- Climate action simulation: Understanding key levers to pull for the climate while keeping equity considerations in mind
- Digital Humanism: How digitalisation and artificial intelligence can improve health, wealth and wellbeing for all
- Greenwashing: How to future proof your strategy and communication to avoid the greenwashing trap
- Happiness: Beyond GDP - real measures for societal progress, sustainable transformation and human wellbeing
- Multisolving: Creating double opportunities and triple wins across the social, environmental and economic spheres
- Planetary Health: Addressing multisectorial risks through multisectorial collaboration and health in all policies
- Social Impact: Analysing your organisation’s environmental and social impact to manage and optimise it
- Sustainable Business & ESG: Managing for tomorrow by addressing global challenges of today
- Sustainable Development: SDG trade-offs and the roles & responsibilities of public and private actors in addressing them